Monday, January 21

Roadside Cross Project

Another on-going body of work of mine is the roadside cross series. I'm shooting these in B/W with my Holga and Diana cameras for exhibitions, but sometimes I'm caught without my toy cameras and have to use whatever I have on me at the time--in this case, it was my pocket Nikon Coolpic.

This blog now gives me the opportunity to show the ones I've shot in color. Checkout
SHOOTINGBLIND.COM to see my B/W exhibition prints.

I've been drawn to these crosses for years now and it's now an obsession for me to photograph the ones that stand out to me.

I never title the crosses, but instead refer to them as #1, #2, #3, etc. for my intention is not to own them or stake any kind of ownership on them, but instead to simply show the beauty and spirit in which they were built by loved ones.

No comments: